We have BAD news and Good news - - -
First, THE BAD
· As we hear almost daily, there’s an ever-increasing number of teenage drug addiction cases, deaths, etc.
· Addiction SUCCESS is VERY LOW –
· 90% (!!!) of drug rehab clients FAIL or FALL BACK
· Success rate is approximately 10% - nationally!
· The HUGE cost is not just $$$$ – it’s HUGE and long-term
· Stress, family strife, aggravation and worry for the family as well as the teen
· The effects are ALWAYS long-term – for life!!
· Parents – it’s time to pay attention
· Stop telling yourself – “maybe others, but not my kid”
· PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pay attention
· Please go to this link for signs and indicators:
But there’s GOOD NEWS!!
A positive and preventative strategy!
This is the process we use at Launch-Your-Life.com - you can use it too:
Coach Steve’s Success Tips of the Week
[follow these in sequence]
1. Brainstorm Dreams
2. Select 1 or 2 as Goals
3. Work toward them DAILY
4. Learn from setbacks
5. Be Persistent– DON’T GIVE UP
And if the goal changes, THAT’S OK! [it’s the goal-pursuit PROCESS that’s the power]
And we are available to speak to parents and other groups – on this and other teenage success-related topics.